May 2017 (NET WORTH POSITIVE!!)
I have finally done it! My net worth is out of the red and finally into the green! The month of May was a big one for me for multiple reasons.
- Finally I reached a positive net worth!
- I made an offer on a house!
- Quickly learned that an inspection of a house is always important when purchasing a house.
- Didn’t buy that house
- Went to a festival with my friends that I haven’t seen in awhile and had a great time
- Hoping my next offer on a new house will be accepted. Inspection already completed.
I am hoping to get into real estate shortly. As you can see below I have liquidated a lot of my assets and now hold them in cash. This is for a down payment or deposit on a home. It has been tough finding a property in this crazy market but I think I have one lined up.
If you are looking to purchase a house I highly, HIGHLY recommend having a home inspection done, no matter the age of the home. Home inspectors go in with a negative eye and shed a lot of light on areas you may have missed during your initial walkthrough with your realtor. Spending $500 and probably saving myself $50,000 in repairs was invaluable to me. I had no qualms walking away from that deal, which was already near the top of my budget.
May 2017 Update
|Assets||May 1stst, 2017||June 1st, 2017||Change|
|CIBC Credit Card||$0.00||$0.00||+$0.00|